#Blogchat Stats, September – December 2011
Note: All stats are provided by Hashtracking. Hashtracking encountered a 2-week outage in November, so reports from the final 2 weeks of August were added to the below stats, which cover the final 17 weeks of the year.
- For the last 4 months of 2011, the #Blogchat hashtag generated over 300 Million Impressions and over 50,000 tweets.
- Since September, #Blogchat has generated an average of 20 Million impressions each week, reaching an average of 2.4 Million people.
- The #Blogchat community is extremely engaged, with over 40% of all tweets generated being replies.
- Some of the smartest people in business and social media have co-hosted #Blogchat, including Chris Brogan, Beth Harte, Brian Clark (CopyBlogger), Shannon Paul, C.C. Chapman, Valeria Maltoni, Lee Odden, Darren Rowse (ProBlogger), Dell’s Lionel Menchaca and Liz Strauss.
- #Blogchat has a minimum of one co-host a month. This helps ensure that the #Blogchat community is constantly growing as co-hosts encourage their networks to join them in #Blogchat. The co-host lineup for the 1st three months of 2012 includes Ann Handley (@MarketingProfs), Laura Fitton (@Pistachio) and Brian Solis (@BrianSolis).
- #Blogchat is one of the oldest and longest-running chats on Twitter, with chats on Twitter every week since March of 2009.
The success of #Blogchat on Twitter paved the way for a series of Live #Blogchat events in 2011 at some of the nation’s largest Social Media events, including South By Southwest Interactive, Blog World Expo, Content Marketing World, and Marketing Profs’ B2B Forum.